How to choose outfits
An engagement session is the perfect way to get comfortable with your photographer and make the process of taking photos together fun and easy. It’s also a great opportunity for you and your partner to practice posing for photos so that on your big day, you’ll look like a natural! Here are some tips for planning an engagement session:
- Choose LIGHT SOPHISTICATED NEUTRAL colors. Think of white, cream, dusty blue, blush, light gray, etc.
- Avoid large patterns and stripes.
- Say YES to the dress! If you’re a girl and you want to look great in your engagement photos, consider wearing a dress. Dresses are flattering and easy to move around in, which makes them perfect for the kind of active engagement session that we do. They also allow us to create some really fun images — from walking through fields to climbing on rocks — where your outfit is both unique and unexpected!
- Keep accessories to a minimum. A hat, or a large statement necklace can be fun and add variety to your photos.
- Choose one casual outfit and one dressier. Remember, there’s no such thing as too dressed up! This is the perfect time to have your man wear a suit and you that long fancy dress!
It’s easy to get overwhelmed with all the different options for clothing for your engagement shoot, but it’s important to remember that you want your photos to be timeless and not “in the moment”. This means choosing colors, patterns, and fabrics that won’t date your photos in a few years or even months from now.
You want to look polished but still be yourself! .
We hope these engagement session tips have given you some inspiration. Remember, what matters most is that you’re comfortable and having fun with your photographer!