What is a first look?
If you’re planning a wedding, chances are you’ve already seen some beautiful first look photos. A first look is when the bride and groom see each other for the first time on their wedding day. First looks also give both bride and groom ample time for pre-ceremony portraits and photos before heading into the ceremony venue themselves. But what does a first look entail? Let’s dive in!
A beautiful private moment between the bride and her groom on their wedding day.
A bride and groom first look is a moment of privacy between the two of them before they walk down the aisle. It’s also a special moment that allows them to exchange vows. If you’re considering this option, here are some tips for making sure your first look goes off without a hitch:
- Pick an intimate location where you can be alone with your partner. Usually, this means finding somewhere outside the ceremony site so that no one will be able to see what’s happening between you two.
- Make sure there are no distractions around for either of you when having your first look together! This means getting rid of anything from cell phones to other distractions so that nothing will stop either party from being present in this beautiful moment together 🙂
Benefits of having a first look:
Here are just some of the benefits of having a first look:
- You’ll have more time for photos with your bridal party or family members, which means more time for cocktail hour once everyone has arrived!
- Better timeline for everyone in your party—including parents who will want to be there as well!
- You won’t be “hiding” from your groom until ceremony time.
First Looks are a beautiful way to remember how special your relationship is. They allow you to share your first moments with each other in private and make sure you get the most out of the day before it begins. This can be fun for all parties involved!
Photographer: Isa Wines Photography
Venue: Rush Creek Golf Club
Bridal Dress: Finery Bridal Rochester
Groom: Giorgio Fiorelli tux
Jewelry: Seraphine Creations
Hair Pieces: Basic Extra
Makeup: Kaki Ronn
DJ: Shirst and Skins Band
Videographer: E and J Films